Encoding Audio over IP - simply anywhere, anytime
The Barix Instreamer is a versatile, generic analog encoder/codec suitable for audio distribution and monitoring purposes over TCP/IP networks and the internet. It can be used in Broadcast, Retail, Security and Entertainment industries alike.
The Barix Instreamer samples and encodes audio from a stereo or mono analog source into high-quality MP3 or PCM/uLaw/aLaw streams with low latency. Sample rate, quality and resulting stream bitrate are configurable.
The digitized stream is distributed over IP using industry standard and application specific protocols.
Network alarms (SNMP traps) can be generated for configurable events such as loss of audio, audio levels above a certain threshold and the like.
- Standalone IP Audio encoder device with support for MP3, PCM and VoIP (G.711,G.722) audio codecs
- Supports IP streaming standards such as TCP/IP, RTP, SIP, Shoutcast, Multicast
- Simple browser based device management,
- SNMP Monitoring
- Very low power requirements, high reliability
- Browser based configuration and user interface
- Control interface via Serial, TCP, UDP, CGI
- For special applications, the device can be custom programmed by the user
The Instreamer is a versatile audio over IP encoder supporting a vast number of use cases. Additional firmware packages are available for special solutions.
Examples of use cases are:
- Live encoder for internet radio applications
- Source encoder for IP audio distribution systems
- Classroom, courtroom or other meeting recorder with realtime streaming
- Shoutcast or Icecast source encoder
- Low latency multicast multichannel distribution of audio for video walls
- Background Music or Music-On-Hold encoder for VoIP phone systems
- Confidence monitoring encoder with SNMP trap alerts
- Security listening device or environmental audio monitor
- SIP client allowing the Instreamer to turn into an audio-dial or call-in monitoring device